- 1 lb ground venison
- 2 cups venison bone broth
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 can black beans
- 2 tablepoons mexican seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- Make sure meat and bone broth are thawed. (Put in fridge night before to thaw, then set out 30 minutes before cooking or put in pot of room temperature water for 15 min).
- Add bone broth to pot and heat on low.
- Measure rice in strainer with paper towel (so you don’t spill any).
- Rinse rice.
- Add rice to pot and heat on high until boiling. Cover, turn heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes (cook meat while waiting).
- Heat large pan on high then add ground meat (you can add a little butter to prevent sticking).
- Cook meat until brown (about 10 min).
- Turn heat to low add 1/4 cup water and 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning. Simmer, stirring frequently, until most of the water has evaporated.
- Drain and rinse can of black beans.
- Mix beans in with rice.
- Dish or serve (banana for scale).I usually eat this when I come home from working out as it is quick to heat up in the microwave. You can also use it for burrito bowl and add other ingredients like lettuce and sour cream. Hope you enjoy! 🧑🍳